Hello everyone!

• 2 replies
  • 161 subscribers

Hi, my name Richard,  I have been diagnosed with T4 colorectal cancer, I have just had a week of radiotherapy and waiting for chemotherapy which starts on 30th June. They are trying to reduce the size of the tumour before an operation. It has been 9 days since I had the radiotherapy and I am still getting bad diarrhoea and pain in the rectal area, I have been on immodium but hasn't made any difference, is there anything else I can try or is this normal, thank you any advice would be appreciated.

• Hi Richard,

I've got a high output ileostomy and currently taking 12 loparamide a day. I believe these are the same as Immodium. I'm also on 6 codeine a day, not for pain relief, to cause constipation. You may be able to increase the immodium. I think most painkillers cause some constipation which would help you. Have you spoken to your colorectal nurse or GP? I'm sure they'll be able to suggest/prescribe something. 

Cheryl x

• Thank you for your reply.  I will give them a call and see what they recommend, the pain today has been much worse than it's been before.

Richard x