Hello

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 160 subscribers

Just saying I'm new to the group. Thanks for having me.

• Hello 

Welcome to the forum for us . Hope you feel free to share and join in .Lots of support and guidance available.

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to court

Hi, great to be here. But I can only see an update from 3 months ago. Are there more up to date conversations going on? 

I have rectal cancer that's spread throughout my abdomen, especially my liver. Has anyone else had this? 

Otherwise, everyone... have a great day Slight smile

• Hi 

I am not quite sure what can be the problem but I will certainly ask admin to help out . 
    That’s great you have put in a bit more information on your situation . 
    Quite a lot of people do have a spread to the liver or abdomen. If you click on my user name you can read my mum’s journey with treating a secondary spread . She has been at it for quite a few years now .

Are you having chemo just now or investigating Hipec surgery ? 

My own mum went straight to chemo first and that was great at not only shrinking her visible disease but tackled any microscopic disease . This opened up other options for her .

Hope others in a similar position will also pop on . Sometimes it’s a matter of timing . You also might like to have a look at Bowel cancer U.K. .forum . Lots of people use both forum . 

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to court

Hi Court. 

Thanks for the welcome. I'm feeling quite lost at the moment, but no doubt in time will catch up with everyone. I'm just impatient. 

I'm also seeking all the help I can get and happy to share my experience, too. 

I'm also trying to find how to save this post! 

• Hi 

Have you been diagnosed quite recently? It’s a slow process at times to gather all the required information and plays heavily on everyone’s minds and emotions .

If you go to the tag next to my photo / your icon ! That is the Bookmark facility. You can always retrieve this thread there if you bookmark it . 
    We are certainly here to support in whichever way we can . 
    Despite the different staging in bowel cancer the treatment can be very similar so there is a lot of overlap in discussions.  We also have a catch up thread which covers everything or just someone to talk to . All are welcome to join in .

If you want specific information about an aspect of treatment it can sometimes be helpful to start a specific thread just so others know the subject .

Part of what we do here is try and reduce the fear and isolation that can come with a diagnosis. 
    So pleased you joined in the discussions .

I think we would all universally agree the waiting and the unknown are hard to tolerate,

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge