Large polyp

• 0 replies
  • 128 subscribers

Hi all got a routine lower colonoscopy in March of 2023 as been having blood in stool and my dad had got diagnosed with colonn cancer he's 52 bowl and colon cancer run on both sides of the family they found piles said nothing to worry about come back in a year fast forward to now and they've found a large colon polyp 3 to 4 cm in size inlower rectum that they could not remove as was on a stalk so have referred me for a polypoctomy that I'm due to have on 5 of December coming iv been experiencing blood clots in stool and periods like cramping so went to my doctor today to voice my concerns and to ask could the polypoct9my be moved forward as its still 8 weeks away when I voiced my concerns to the doctor he start laughing and said oh my god its massive do you want to see I was like no he goes its nothing to worry about its just a large polyp no wonder your getting cramping etc as pushing on everything he said for the size it must of been there a while I said we'll when I got colonoscopy just over year ago they said nothing was there and it was just piles he goes oh they must of missed it ??dont know how they could of missed a fucking 3 to 4 cm polyp. when I'd asked nurse in hospital she said it was 8mm so iv got 2 different answers just confused and worried . My twin has had to get piles removed as had my mother so does run in family but still even the way they couldn't remove it during the colonscopy has me worried he said cause it was on a stalk was just risk of bleeding so had to get sent to more advanced hospital has anyone else experienced this ??