Fatigue

• 2 replies
  • 129 subscribers

Hi all.

I had my operation for bowel cancer resection, last November, followed by chemotherapy that ended late April.  During treatment I was exhausted, after the treatment finished I was pretty good, now all of a sudden i'm having bouts of fatigue a few times a week, that is basically flooring me.  Is this normal? has anyone had the same experience?  I've recently had bloods which came back good, apart from raised liver alkaline (which their keeping an eye on). CT scan, also good, CEA level went up from 4 to 5, they don't seem concerned.  

Thanks in advance.

• Hi. Your fatigue bouts could be a delayed side-effect to the chemo so probably best to speak with your care team. I wouldn’t worry about the very small increase in your CEA marker, which, as I understand it, is within the ‘normal’ range if you include smokers.  For reference my last result went from 82 to 127! But I know I’m not going to get better.

All the best.

Maninbath

• Good morning 

Thank you for your reply.

I did mention it to one of the oncologist nurses, she just asked if I'd had my thyroid checked, which I thought was odd.  I'm also getting aches and pains, but i've recently had a CT scan, which apparently shows bone problems.  

Gosh, I am so sorry to hear yours has gone from 82 -127 - never give up hope.

Warm regards.

Jules.