Stomach pains

• 3 replies
  • 129 subscribers

Hubby is on Cetuximab and Folfiri (fortnightly) eating okay and stoma bag working.  He has been complaining of stomach pains for a day or two after treatment like someone has punched him in the stomach.

Any suggestions why this is happening?

Thank you.

• Hi  

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-information-and-support/treatments-and-drugs/irinotecan-with-5fu-and-folinic-acid-folfiri

Just thought you might like to read this . It seems to suggest Flofiri can cause tummy pain but meds are available to help so to contact your husbands team /Dr . I always found it best to ask someone for guidance .

My mum was not on Flofiri but got a type of colic pain . She used over the counter buscopan which did help .

How is he finding the Cetuximab ? My mum had it for ten months on its own . Was pretty effective at the time .

Hope you’re holding up ok yourself . Not always easy in the supporting role when you are worried .

Wishing him every success .

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Thank you.  He said the pain is more in his guts.  He is doing okay, except white cells blood count, which he is getting a course of injections after each treatment.  He has multiple tiny lung mets.

• Hi  

I would definitely phone his team as they will have seen it all before but they do like to know these things . My mum had a side pain developed on Cetuximab . It was really odd but for some strange reason was one of the identified side effects which was reassuring.

My mum passed a few months ago but her lung mets started in 2014 , had a single one removed in 2016 but seemed to be very slow growing and did not become symptomatic or impact her greatly until 2024 really . Hope your husbands are slow growing too .

Take care ,

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000