Liver Cysts

• 4 replies
  • 131 subscribers

Hello

Just reaching out to anyone who may have/had cysts on their liver?

Interested to hear of any positive treatment plans or operations?

Kind regards 

• Hi  

I've just 'bumped' your post in the liver cancer forum, as you haven't had any replies, and now doing the same here.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi  

https://britishlivertrust.org.uk/information-and-support/liver-conditions/liver-haemangioma/

This type of issue is very common in liver scans and gives people quite a fright . Unless they are big and bothersome most don’t report any intervention.

Did you think it might be along these lines?

take care ,

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

•   I think they’ve been confirmed as cancerous and the poster has been having folfirinox? x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Thank you ! I did not notice that . 

Sorry  I have tried to delete but it’s not cooperating today .

However I can actually answer your question . Back in 2009 my mum at 67 had a significant spread to her liver . She had around five with one being 5 cm . She went straight to treatment . Chemo was oxy and cap tablets on a three week cycle . She had a rough time but they shrank significantly. This allowed her to have surgery but unfortunately she had an immediate recurrence. Back to six more cycles of chemo but sent to a centre of excellence for her liver . She had 73% of her liver removed and it remained clear thereafter .

She passed six weeks ago at 82 so her surgeon did a great job and we got to enjoy her company for 15 years after diagnosis.

Hope that helps give you a bit encouragement.

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000