News article on trial

• 4 replies
  • 130 subscribers

Anyone read the news this week on a trial in the US and how it uses immunotherapy to target bowel cancer? I wondered what genetic it is talking about anyone any ideas?

• Hi I was diagnosised with B.C that an op and a yr later had secondaries. They gave me immunatherapy following blood test that checked for a certain geneb after deciding that was the best way. I had Ketruda I.V every 3wks for a yr. Few side effects but following 6mthly scans im cancer free. I'll still have follow up scans but Im positive . 

• I’m in a trial called AZUR-1 immunotherapy is that the one ur talking about. 

• https://www.mskcc.org/news/rectal-cancer-disappears-after-experimental-use-immunotherapy

Is this the one you were thinking about . A couple of research articles came through in the summer . The other one was to do with T cells with metastatic patients .

My mum had her tumour sample sent to a university in the last few years and they were researching the role of T cells and why some patients are achieving longevity.

Great to see your name pop up and even better to hear your news .

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Hi Court yes I've been quiet but keep up with the chats when i can. My partner developed lymphoma and passed away after a short but brave battle that still hurts he was diagnosed to late to treat .

The immunatherapy caused me some side effects , adreanal insufficiency and some food allergies out of the blue and I gather it doesn't work for all but its a got such patential hasn't it