Just been t9ld sister has T3, N1 colon cancer, distraught.

• 6 replies
  • 131 subscribers

Hi, my sister  has just been diagnosed. Feeling very down. I am her carer and we only have each other. Feeling lonely,  isolated but mostly terrified. 

• Quite understandable, but all is not lost. Don't explore the internet for answers as some of what you read is flawed and has a sales motive behind it. Try not to guess the future as that is a waste of time. Only deal with what you know as fact.

Some of us on these pages offer a summary of our personal experiences: just click on anyone's name to see. Carry on as normal and keep the mind and body active. Many say "stay positive" but they might mean "don't be negative". Any queries or concerns - just ask.

Dulac

• Thank you, think I m in shock. Feel very cross as there has been a catalogue of errors since the start of her illness.  

I know I must stop googling info and take each day as it comes. 

Guess things will settle as we all come 2 turns with it . She looks terrible very white/ yellow, which is worrying me. 

Thank u for replying and I hope you are keeping well.

• Hi 

Take the time you need to find your feet but then you may find that you strength , get into a good routine and the benefits of a treatment plan can really help provide some structure to move forward.

Its very early days for you both .

Take care ,

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Thank you. I know I need to stay positive,  difficult at moment,  coming 2 terms with it.

Thank u for replying. 

• You don't say much about your sister's situation, But I understand your concern, especially as you say you are her carer. Hopefully she can discuss her path forward with the cancer team and oncologist with your assistance. Make sure you have the team contact details and keep a good diary of dates and actions, and do chase and contact them when you feel you need to. Also, hopefully you are within reasonable distance from the treatment centre/hospital and you can travel as and when required.From hereon be guided by the cancer nurses and oncologist who will tell you about the possible treatment routes and surgery if required. It is not easy but modern treatments and support are so much better in the fight against cancer. It may be best not to delay to get things started. I have had what sounds like a similar stage caecum colon cancerwhich was operated on and taken out in April 2023 followed by a few months of chemotherapy. It was not too bad overall and I am now quite well, keeping fit and active.A good mixed diet and keeping active in body and mind will help I am sure.  Best wishes to you both. Anbou

• It’s normal to be scared and worried, I had stage four T3 colon cancer diagnosed January 2022, treatments are so much better and are tailored to your specific needs.  Please try and stay hopeful having a positive outlook can really help.  There are loads of us here with different experiences I’m sure you will find information here that will help