Weakness -no energy

• 2 replies
  • 130 subscribers

Hi I have been diagnosed with cancer of my small intestine.  I am awaiting an appointment with my oncologist, however at present I have very little energy.  I have had an operation for a colonoscopy bag.  Which I am recovering from,  is this level of weakness normal?  I am concerned I will not have enough energy to walk through the door to see the oncologist never mind starting chemotherapy!  Any advice on improving my energy levels,  

• Hi Annie 

Sorry that you’re feeling weak.

How long ago did you have your op.

I had an Ileostomy which was formed under key hole and open surgery which took a while to recover from so I understand you frustration. 

sending you a hug 

Ann
     ‍Art

• Hi  How is your diet and stoma output? If your output is very loose then it may be that food is passing through too quickly and the nutrients are not getting absorbed? Might also be worth getting bloods done at your GP - I was very low in vitamin D at one point? 

As Ann says it can take a few weeks to recover from an operation so baby steps and try and increase your exercise a little each day. There’s also lots of advice in the stoma board if you’ve seen it?

Ileostomy, colostomy and stoma support 

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm