No further visits from Macmillan nurse no hospital cancer nurse appointments until next year

• 2 replies
  • 130 subscribers

This week I revives a letter from the cancer nurse giving me hy husbands next appointment in April 2025 dispite her telling us on vist she would see him in 8 weeks time. The MacMillan nurse also informed us she would no longer be visiting us at home and although not discharging him would be on call only if needed . 
I have contacted the Admiral service for this areas  but discovered they cannot help with medication until his dementia has been properly diagnosed. 
im at a loss of what is happening and feel. He is being ignored because of his age and just left to manage as best we can. Maybe I have been too much of a nuisance  with questions but I am so very worried about things as they are Any advise would be appreciated 

• You absolutely have not been asking too many questions .  . You are navigating two different illnesses both quite challenging and getting mixed information. This is not helpful .

Can I suggest you phone Macmillan . 0808 808 0000. They have a helpline and can guide you through this . It might be good to speak to someone in person as that’s a lot . 
    You should also be able to contact social services .

Take care ,

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Thank you Court I shall