Chemo expectations

• 2 replies
  • 129 subscribers

I have just started chemo and immunotherapy  for adenocarcinoma  in my stomach and peretinoum ..I have had infusions at the cancer centre and now on tablets at home ....so I am now on day 3 of a 21 day course ..to date I have not noticed any major side effects except being tired lack of energy and and lethargic  and I feel like I have had a few beers ...so so far so good , some symptoms have not as yet materialised as warned ie reactions to cold and cold foods and drinks , which is handy for this weather ...is there any one here roughly in this just started this regime to compare with..thanks ..

• Hi  Can you tell us which iv chemo you’re on then maybe someone on the same can help? I know oxaliplatin can cause the cold touch reaction and I found it did kick in quite quickly. I found the capecitabine tablets to be a lot more tolerable although some of the side effects increased as the course progressed 

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • I think I have posted in the wrong forum sorry , should have been the stomach cancer forum. Sorry