FIT positive

• 5 replies
  • 129 subscribers

Hi there, I had a FIT positive of 162 mcg/g and 4 weeks ago had a colonscopy and a week after a CT colonscopy - I haven't heard anything further even though I have chased both the hospital and my own GP.  Should I be worried?

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the board. Have you been confirmed as having bowel cancer then or are you still waiting for results from the colonoscopy? Either way I would have thought that someone should have been in touch regarding results or the next steps? I would try chasing your GP again and if they have no further updates then try going through your local PALS department.

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Hi Karen, no haven't been confirmed as having bowel cancer - I will chase my GP again.  Many thanks

• I did get an email from the hospital secretary which said "Dr Clarke is still waiting for histology results and someone will be in touch with a plan once these are available" - I received this on 3 July and have heard nothing since.  I think it is the "plan" bit which is worrying me 

• Yes that would infer that some form of further treatment is required? If bowel cancer is confirmed by the histology report then the MDT (multi disciplinary team) meets on a weekly basis to formulate a treatment plan. 
    I was told immediately after my colonoscopy that they were 99% sure that it was bowel cancer then a colorectal support nurse rang some time later to confirm it. 

It’s not acceptable that they’re talking about further treatment but you don’t know what for? Maybe try emailing the secretary back for an update?

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Ok Karen, many thanks