Rectal Bleeding again 4 months after 4 polyps removal, any idea?

• 6 replies
  • 132 subscribers

Hi,

I am 39 old and had been experiencing rectal bleeding for a month before having a colonoscopy 4 months ago, they have found 4 polyps, 2 right and 2 left. The 4 were small in size 3mm but sessile ones.

Anyway, the bleeding stopped straight away after the colonoscopy done, but it returns two days ago every time there is a bowel movement and exactly like what was before.

I know that if the polyps detected are more than two, then it is a matter of time before things get worse, but I have not expected that I will have the bleeding again within 4 months after the colonoscopy.

So has any one experienced something like that?

Thanks

• Hi  I have not experienced this but I would suggest you contact your GP for another colonoscopy to check out what’s going on? It may just be piles but please get it checked out?

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Hi Moh

Any rectal bleeding should be urgently investigated.....for peace of mind alone.....visit to GP as suggested by Karen?

Peter

• Thank you for your comment and I have booked an appointment with my GP

• Yes, I will speak with my GP about this.

Thank you

• Hi,

I managed to get the biopsy result which was a surprise for me.

Yes the polyps were tiny in size 3mm but one of them is precancerous (right side of colon) but because it is tiny and removed completely I was discharged from the clinic even without being notified.

Anyway, I booked an appointment with my GP 10 days ago and he asked me if the bleeding is bright red and i said yes so he prescribed me hemmoroids medications to take but because the bleeding becomes more intense even than before the colonoscopy i looked online for the red grades of blood and i found the blood is dark and not bright, silly me, and I have the same dull ache of my right side colon.

I am going to call my GP tomorrow for an advice and to give him the biopsy result as it is not in the system.

• Hi any update on what it was that was making you bleed and having the dull pain months after your colonoscopy? Having something similar happening to me and would like to know what was your experience