Rectal Bleeding again 4 months after 4 polyps removal, any idea?

• 5 replies
  • 132 subscribers

Hi,

I am 39 old and had been experiencing rectal bleeding for a month before having a colonoscopy 4 months ago, they have found 4 polyps, 2 right and 2 left. The 4 were small in size 3mm but sessile ones.

Anyway, the bleeding stopped straight away after the colonoscopy done, but it returns two days ago every time there is a bowel movement and exactly like what was before.

I know that if the polyps detected are more than two, then it is a matter of time before things get worse, but I have not expected that I will have the bleeding again within 4 months after the colonoscopy.

So has any one experienced something like that?

Thanks

• Hi  I have not experienced this but I would suggest you contact your GP for another colonoscopy to check out what’s going on? It may just be piles but please get it checked out?

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Hi Moh

Any rectal bleeding should be urgently investigated.....for peace of mind alone.....visit to GP as suggested by Karen?

Peter

• Thank you for your comment and I have booked an appointment with my GP

• Yes, I will speak with my GP about this.

Thank you

• Hi,

I managed to get the biopsy result which was a surprise for me.

Yes the polyps were tiny in size 3mm but one of them is precancerous (right side of colon) but because it is tiny and removed completely I was discharged from the clinic even without being notified.

Anyway, I booked an appointment with my GP 10 days ago and he asked me if the bleeding is bright red and i said yes so he prescribed me hemmoroids medications to take but because the bleeding becomes more intense even than before the colonoscopy i looked online for the red grades of blood and i found the blood is dark and not bright, silly me, and I have the same dull ache of my right side colon.

I am going to call my GP tomorrow for an advice and to give him the biopsy result as it is not in the system.