Rectal cancer

• 7 replies
  • 133 subscribers

My son has coletectal cancer and will get his treatment plan next week but he is having lots of stomach ache could the cancer be growing 

• Hi  It’s more likely to be stress and anxiety but you could post this in the Ask a Nurse section for reassurance?

Ask a Nurse

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Im not medically trained but youve mentioned his cancer is in his rectum with no spread? I doubt it would be connected if the cancer is in his rectum. Probably like Karen said, stress and anxiety x

• Hi Rosie my husband was diagnosed with rectum cancer…that was one of the things I asked.  I was told  Rectal cancers tends to be slow growing and I was reassured that the two weeks we had to wait for treatment plan wouldnt make a difference.  Also the time schedule was taking into consideration when the treatment plan was discussed.  We were given a colorectal nurse contact number … do you have one… she will be able look at your son’s condition and help you with his symptoms.  Take care x 

• He goes for his treatment plan on Wednesday so hopefully he will get one then 

• Hi everyone, I am new to the website. I had my surgery 10 days ago. I was diagnosed with rectal cancer and the surgeon removed my anus as well. I've had a stoma bag fitted which is taking some getting used to. But the thing that is bothering me the most is that the surgeon stitched my anus up and it seems that the stitching isn't the best and I feel like I have the worst piles I have ever had, and I've had plenty of suffering with them in the past. Can anyone help?

• Hi  I hope you don’t think I’m being rude but you might be better starting a new thread with this? Click on Create new post on the top right of the screen then you can copy and paste your post into it. Maybe title it ‘Post APR surgery issues’ then it catches the attention of someone who’s had APR surgery rather than tagging it on the end of a rectal cancer post. You could also type APR or Abdominal Perineal Resection in the search box at the top of the screen to see previous posts? x 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm