Chemo stopped

• 5 replies
  • 131 subscribers

Hi all , I’m trying to gather information after having my chemo stopped. I had a lar in March and full hysterectomy, my histology came back as stage 2 , T3N0M0 V1. I saw the oncologist who prescribed Capecitabine 2500 twice a day! On day 3 I was blue lighted to a cardio unit with suspected heart attack. All tests were normal and I spent the night on drips and given medication for angina . I was told it was possible that the medication had caused vasospastic spasms. The oncologist has now suspended my treatment untill I have a heart scan and has told me that if it is the spasm I will not be able to have chemo ! I’m concerned as this was to mop up any cells that has got in to the vessels ! Has anyone else had experience of this and what was the outcome 

• Hi  

That sounds like you had a horrible experience with the medication but I can understand why you'd worry if it can't be resumed.

I don't have the experience you're looking for but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you , I will do that.

• Hi  

Have you had a chat with your team yet ?

We do see that with cap tablets from time to time . I do think if you check the Nice Guidelines they have an alternative treatment. You could have a look and chat it through with your team .

I think they work on a risk benefits analysis and make sure they don’t cause additional damage to your long term health .

That must have been so scary for you .

Take care ,

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Thank you , it has been very stressful to say the least. The oncologist was very good when exit to me, and I would be on 5 year surveillance if I can’t have anymore. It’s just one emotional roller coaster x I will look at the nice guidelines to see what else they can offer. 

• You sound as though you have a good team and you have had some chemo !

You are so correct , it’s not what you were expecting and another process to work through but you will get there .

Take special care ,

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000