Positive fit and calprotecin

• 1 reply
  • 129 subscribers

Hi, I am 27 and recently had fit and stool sample, my results where 289 fit and 314 calprotecin. 
I have blood in my stools, the toilet bowl and when I wipe (bright red). Doctor has ruled out piles.i go toilet 7-12 times a day and i get on and off left abdominal pain feel sick and weak here and there. 
I was wondering if anyone has had similar and what the outcome was? I have a colonoscopy next week which I am absolutley terrified about 

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the board. There are several issues that can cause blood in the stool like ibs, colitis, diverticulitis etc. and only 1 in 10 colonoscopies results in a bowel cancer diagnosis. The important thing is to get checked out to see what’s causing the blood. 
    A colonoscopy is usually painless and you’ll be offered either gas and air or a mild sedation through a cannula - this makes you very relaxed but still able to watch what’s going on on the screen (if you want to). The prep is often the worst bit but it’s important to follow the instructions and finish the dose so you have a nice clear bowel.

If, and it is an if at this stage, it does turn out to be bowel cancer then there is a lot of treatment available and lots of help and support on here

Please let us know how you get on?

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm