3 weeks of anxiety and mental health due to fit test mark of 24

• 4 replies
  • 129 subscribers

Hey! I just wanted to write something on here as I’ve been through hell and back of not knowing, which had hit me on an all-time low. I was looking at some comments on here for relevant/ similar situations to try and find some comfort for myself, which in some ways did. I’ve just come back from my colonoscopy and it was all clear!!

The main reason I’m writing is to try and give some reassurance to those who are currently in a similar situation and to not think for the worse outcomes. My sister had a test of around 400 a while back and it was just polyps.

The colonoscopy was a breeze, NHS were superstars as always, but the fluids meds on the day before is the worst part. I'm still getting my mother to read the report and.to make sure they completed the test fully as it's just unbelievable the way they carried out the examination in a non-painless turnaround.

Stay well.

•   Thankyou so much for posting this. There’s been a few posts lately with people having colonoscopies after fit test readings in the 20s and 30s so this is a great post to reassurance them. Yes the moviprep is not great but worth it for a nice clear bowel!

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • No problem Karen. We did recently speak on the phone a couple of days ago and your support was great.i did motivate myself and took that walk once i got off the phone  Slight smile

Joe

• I don’t work on the support desk but I can see how having it under my name might look like that - might have to rethink that! I’m just someone whose been through rectal cancer myself and posts a lot on here to try and help others.

Im a big advocate of walking though so I would probably have suggested the same Thumbsup

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • No keep it, that was my mistake. Having the number etc is great for people to see. Walking does help i know that much