Stage 4 bowel cancer….update…positive post.

• 4 replies
  • 136 subscribers

Good afternoon all….just thought I would post with latest scan results for my husband.   You can read his full story in my profile…..I know that I looked  for positive outcomes hence why I post.

This morning we saw the consultant to get my husbands latest scan results and happy to share they were all good, NED and consultant was beaming…must be good for them too I’m sure.

so bloods in 3 months scan in 6 months along with colonoscopy with his surgeon.    Oncologist said today with each day that passes with no cancer increases chances of remaining NED.  It is over 3 years since last chemo and 2 3 plus years since last chemo and almost 3 since cytoreductive surgery and stoma reversal…..not bad considering all the huge downs he had on the journey.    So anyone looking for Hope when things look tough, please don’t give up, things can change, and I sincerely hope they do for all on treatment or on a treatment break….my husband was diagnosed in March 2019 so five years now.  My love and best wishes to you all. Either the patient or the carer.

• Thank you so much for posting such a positive post. It gives us hope. I am very pleased for you and your husband.  All the best  .

• Thankyou process for the positive post. Its what we all need. My dad is stage 4 with spread to liver and every bit of positivity is needed right now. 
    So glad your husband is NED x

• thank you for sharing this positive news, I'm so pleased for you, like you say we are all looking for the positive in this awful journey.

Nancy x

• Delighted to read this . So happy for you both .

Keep shining this light on stage 4 diagnosis. It gives so much hope .

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000