Accessibility

• 2 replies
  • 131 subscribers

Hi, I'm still recovering from bowel surgery to remove a stage 2 tumour last September. On the whole I feel great, and whilst I haven't had any trouble with bowel movements, when I need to go, I need to go!

I want to enjoy concerts again, but being trapped in the middle of a row puts me off. The ideal situation would be to sit in the disabled section with easy exits if I need to dash off.

I won't be eligible for a blue badge. Are there any other options which will allow me to book a ticket in this area?

I've just purchased a radar key, which will be a great help. Thanks.

• Hi  Have you got a Just Can’t Wait card too - I’ve attached a link below.

I suppose it would be at the discretion of the venue but I suspect they would suggest just booking an aisle seat? You could also try using loperamide before a concert so slow things down until you get home?

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-information-and-support/bladder-cancer/using-public-toilets

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  •  I went to the venue (for opera) , and explained the problem. This was before I got the blue badge (for poor mobility) I had to fill out a form, and get a letter form my surgeon confirming the problem. An added bonus was that my husband was designated as my carer(which he is) and gets in free! We always book well in advance to get an aisle seat. If I have to go before the interval they let me in without a long wait. I even managed to be exempted from. bag searches, as I did not want security rummaging among my catheters, wipes and pads!

Good luck !

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!