Hello!

• 14 replies
  • 133 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I have found this forum amazingly helpful during my mums’s diagnosis.

I am writing this (I think!) to see if there has been anyone in a similar position to us.

Mum had a bowel obstruction Mid Feb which was operated on- right hemi colonectmy (pretty sure I’ve spelled that wrong!)

we received the results 2/3 weeks ago: Stage 3 bowel cancer, T4 N2 MX (out of 21 lymph nodes tested 10 came back positive) 

They then also told us she has a ‘huge’ cyst on her liver that they would like to MRI next week to see if it is a tumour instead of a cyst. Still waiting on Oncology appointment.

We haven’t had the best time of getting information, cancelled appointments and drs forgetting to phone us etc. 

How long does the MRI results normally take to come back?

Sending lots of love to everyone out there and positive vibes! X

• Thank you Court.

Im a bit of a planner/organiser so I’m feeling on top of the practical things (I think!) at least, just want to make sure I ask everything I can etc.

unfortunately, we spoke to the GP and they didn’t even know mum had cancer. 

so glad your mum is doing well- what a great daughter you are.

• Should have mentioned also- mums Liver Phosphate levels are high. Ranging between 170-202? Does this mean anything?  X 

• One set of my mum’s has now been raised for 14 years since chemo . They were bang on perfect despite a significant spread to her liver when she was diagnosed.

Her team keep a close eye on her blood panels and they will let her know if it’s a cause for concern or within a range they would anticipate at this stage . 
    I am no dr but I think various things can affect liver enzymes. 

We have an “ask an expect “ section . You could ask one of the nurses there .

Or our helpline could find out for you on 0808 808’0000.

Ask a Nurse

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• If you click on “ask a nurse “ they can get back to you . It can take a day or two .

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000