April 2024 Catch up thread !

• 21 replies
  • 136 subscribers

Welcome to April and welcome to all new members to the forum .

In the catch up thread we encourage , share and live life despite a difficult diagnosis.

Please feel free to join in and share . Photos are great too but unfortunately we can’t share photos of others due to the community rules . However everything else is great .

The wheelchair is working out well for long distances and frankly a game changer . Also found an exercise machine outside for wheelchair users . No excuses. Let’s stay active despite it all .

Had a glorious weekend of weather and now remembering Cetuximab leaves the skin sensitive for a long time after treatment ceases . Mum now looks as though she has had a restful week in the sun !!! Yikes . 

Hope treatment or recovery is being kind to everyone .

Take care ,

Court 

• Will just leave that there for effect .

RoflGrinning
    I have been doing so much manual work I have broken every nail . I like my nails , missing my nails and now reliant on my fingers . That’s before we get to the stress levels . 
    Mum has started with carers . Morning and night . Installed a doorbell camera . They are so invasive.  But it does let me know all is well . Saw a wee white gloved hand waving them off today .

A big change for us all but they seem lovely and not spending hours getting ready is leaving some energy for other things .

Best foot forward and all that !

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• We have sunshine so we will out later on !

Cant waste some blue sky .

Court 

Community Champion Badge

• Always good to watch the sun setting !

Carers going very well so far . Definitely helping and conserving some energy .

Hope everyone is getting some pleasant weather . Nearly time to do more gardening .

Court 

Community Champion Badge

• Lovely skies you have there Court. Good to hear the carers are supporting you all meaning you can save energy for the fun things

We are off to Ireland Friday for our Granddaughters communion. My Brother is flying in from Spain. Be lovely gathering.
    My cat Hugo is off to prison for a few days. 
    He won’t speak to me when we come back. He hates it ! 

Best wishes 

Ann
     ‍Art

• Lovely photo  We just seem to be having days of rain and strong winds so the garden is not progressing too well although the weeds seem to be thriving as usual! 
    Glad to hear that your mum is doing well x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Oh how lovely  . Hope you all have the best of times . These moments are precious .

we have a gardener too now for mum ! Just to cut the grass but what a difference for me . Mum likes her garden in good shape .

The support really is helping and we can still get her out if we time the diuretic well ! Grinning
    However my own garden awaits me . Getting the fence replaced today !

We are making the most of every moment here . 
    Have a great day everyone and let us know what you have been getting up to .

Court 

Community Champion Badge

• Good morning Court and everyone….i don’t type much these days but try and read the posts….even if it’s on catch up.

your life sounds as full as ever Court and I can see change has been happening, mum and carers and wheelchair, it all sound like helpful change and steps to make life more manageable all round. 

• Well I did it again and post went when I was typing….must learn to press the right button!    Change been happening here too…..hubby as always been a diy er….but he can’t do things like he used to be able to….he has less energy although still goes to the gym and just last weekend went cycling again..but he also has dupruytrens contracture in both hands so makes things harder and he has a tremor.  He inherited all of them from his dad. Along with his bowel cancer.  Something our 22 year old grandson pointed out to him on Saturday “thanks grandad I have lots to look forward to” as our son has already inherited those things too.  I recently had someone in to paint the lounge and got someone in to power wash the conservatory roof and our grandaughter came round to help clear the shed with him, she was incredibly respectful in asking about throwing things away whilst they both laughed through the procedure she got him to bin things I have been trying years to get rid of.  She has autism and won’t touch bins and dirt but she wore gloves kept laughing throughout and kept saying I’m only doing this cos I love you grandad..boy what a fabulous atmosphere was created.

it was also one of our granddaughters 18th on Saturday so nice family gathering and celebrations.  Currently awaiting results of latest scan which he gets day after the bank holiday so trying to keeKissingbusy and not worry…oh yea! Kissing 

• Some lovely colours appearing...

• Sent you a wee MP  

Community Champion Badge