When to expect the peak down days?

• 7 replies
  • 134 subscribers

I had an infusion on Monday and now taking pills twice a day. So this is really only day 2 on a first cycle.

I just wondered if anyone else in a similar situation had a peak period of needing to rest up? Typically I have had people say they got 2 days in being reasonably ok, then needing 2 big rest days but then slowly improved after that?

I appreciate everyone's different, but am wondering what other experiences there are out there?

As I did not just have a one hit infusion I am wondering if this alters things for me this time.

• I’m always exhausted on the two days after I finish the dexamethasone. Things then slowly improve for me. Today is day 12 and I’ve walked over 15000 steps!  I am also having CAPOX, I finish round 4 on Friday. 

Hope all goes well for you 

Rachael

• I am similar to Rachel, I have my infusion Tuesday or Wednesday and I am tired that first weekend- I hadn't connected it to the dexamethasone finishing but that makes sense!

• Oh my gosh, that's Impressive. I'm hoping to get back to something like that.

• I think my drugs are different to yours but it does kind of make sense that a dose of any of these things would probably follow a similar pattern. As I'm taking daily pills this time it is probably happening slower and I might not get the "up" period. I'm kind of hoping that within each "up time" I might start to feel a bit better than I did before I started. Even if it means not so stressed and just more thankful. Its important to see this as all as helpful and forward moving. 

x

• Are you having capox? I have an infusion of oxaliplatin and then 2 weeks of capacetine tablets. The dexamethasone are steroids that I have for 4 days from the infusion

• I have capiri / folfiri printed on my card but am still getting my head around things. I am currently taking capecitabine  tablets for 2 weeks. Along with dexamethasone and ondansetron up until tomorrow. My next infusion will contain some targeted antibodies but I wasn't able to have those without the picc line. I'm not sure if I'll still have to take the capecitabine tablets next time or if it will all be contained within the infusion.

I have some metoclopramide on hand if I need it. Along with loperamide for er, "loose day"

• Wow that's some cocktail! Yes the loperamide is useful for the capacetine. I sometimes get bowel cramps with it so I have buscopan on hand as well.