Oncologist meeting

• 1 reply
  • 131 subscribers

Hi all,

I went to my oncologist last week hubby and myself were waiting to see him for my scan results, appointment was 12 12.40 still wasn't in and there was only one man in front of us, then I heard two lSleepyies coming down the corridor crying very upset I realised it was my chemo friend she sat next to me took my hand and  said no more treatment for her she only has a month at most Sleepy

Omg I hadn't even gone in to get my results, my heart was pounding I felt sick thought I was going to have a panic attack my hubby bless him was trying to defuse the situation.

Anyway got called in all of a dither he only had my scan images not full report but he did say he couldn't see anything major or  major changes but he would advise when he had full report.

My heart was breaking for my friend it wasn't the best news to be told before your own scan results. 

X

• Oh  

I am So sorry , both for your chemo buddy and for you as the long wait before results is just awful in itself without such sad news .

It is just so sad that we are not further down the road with treatment that leads to a cure.

It does sound as though your scan is positive and nothing obvious showing so that is good news in itself and hopefully once you have time and space for that information to surface you can feel better about it .

It was such an overwhelming experience for you . I have watched too many people walk out with such heartbreaking news . 
    I feel for you and hope you have a better weekend to lift you up .

take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000