Peripheral neuropathy

• 3 replies
  • 131 subscribers

I finished 4 cycles of CAPOX in November last year but since Jan I’ve been experiencing pins and needle feeling in my fingers and feet (not as bad as it was during treatment though) has anyone else continued to experience these symptoms after finishing treatment and if so are there any treatments available that can reduce the side affects or is this something I will have to learn to live with ? It’s not affecting my day to day but sometimes I’ll notice it and then forget about it .

kind regards

Jim 

• Hi  You might like to have a look at this recent post and some of the links in it?

community.macmillan.org.uk/.../peripheral-neuropathy-after-chemo

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Many thanks for your reply. Looks like something that I will have to live with . Tbf it’s not impacting my day to day life just something I notice once in a while . 

jim 

• Hello Jim,

I would be pleased to hear how you are progressing, especially on the neuropathy aspect. I had 6 sessions of Capox at a much reduced dosage of Capecitabine and Oxaliplatin because I had a DPD deficiency (c 50% deficiency) - an important issue for Capox treatment. It is just over 4 months since I finished Capox and am still 'fighting' neuropathy in the form of cold/achy feet and lower legs and slightly numb and tingly fingers. Taking Vitamin B Complex daily now, It may have improved a little but the jury is out. It would probably have been a lot worse because of my DPD deficiency had I had the full dosage of Capox drugs. What dosage of Capecitabine are you on ? And Oxaliplatin?  Might be worth asking if you have a DPD deficiency or not. Best wishes. Anbou.