March 2024 catch up thread!

• 61 replies
  • 136 subscribers

Hello Spring ! Great to get to March and see the plants popping through .

As ever with new updates , the forum has had one too and it always take me day or two to get into the swing of the new changes . Not helped today by my son with his rapping music in my ear . Can’t believe when I started here they were just wee boys  . Soon the youngest will be through uni and granny has managed to see it all thanks to her wise team . She was  completely discharged yesterday ! Another new chapter begins and just like spring she is strengthening.

To all new people , feel free to join in the chat . Help encourage each other through the process and show us what you are up to . Photos of what you are achieving and been up to are most welcome but not of other people as it breaches the guidelines . 
Take are and have a good day.

Court

• It’s just great  isn’t it . I love seeing it burst into colour once more after winter . I think of you often when I see the beautiful colours . I know somewhere down south you will be enjoying them too on your walks . 
    Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Thanks Court.

Thats really lovely of you

I’m feeling stressed these days what with my hubbys tests and my monitoring it’s like we waiting for a hammer to fall plus my brothers return of prostate. 
    Hes booked us all on a cruise in May I’ve just got everything crossed we will be able to go 
    Hopefully once we get brighter skies my mood will lift 

Hope you and your family are well 

xx

Ann
     ‍Art

• Thank you  . That’s right . Thankfully well located away from the airways . No signs of any symptoms yet and never has done in the last 14 years thanks to her team . We had an interesting chat at one point with a thoracic surgeon when she had surgery back in 2016 to remove a solitary met . They were trying to recruit her for an observational study where they wanted to know more about the behaviour of lung mets . It was the only time she was every operable right away so promptly declined to participate but he seemed to suggest they might not grow fast and they wanted to see . She would have certainly been one to follow now !!

Her fabulous GP has already stepped into the gap . Reassured us of his care and support going forward . Just to phone at any point in time and confirmed that with mum you just never know . Grinning

She is off to a young neighbours for coffee this afternoon. She has three young neighbours and they all are wonderful to her . I am off to get all their children Easter Eggs . Grinning.

Been painting my skirtings . Such an enjoyable job .

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

• One of my favourite smells  . Caught a strong smell of one in the supermarket yesterday but the tulips with it were a bit wilted . 
    Enjoy the pleasant smells of spring !

Court 

Community Champion Badge

• Your brother is such a good person . What a lovely thing to do . He sounds as though he has a lot more to give and it’s amazing just how far that takes you . 

Until you are under the weight of constant scans and hospital appointments you don’t realise just how stressful it is . We are suddenly liberated and enjoying every moment . They ask me does mum eatGrinningell and get out ? Must be performance indicators. She does not just eat well she gets up in the night and has a wee picnic with herself . All the best of foods too ! Grinning

But it grinds you at times and I have felt it more recently . Suddenly very tired after a long winter . But we will rise again and nothing like a holiday to look forward to to help us along the process .

You take special care and do something nice for yourself . A wee love gift as my mum likes to say .

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

• I love that Court. A love gift. 
    My bro is coming to stay next week he will keep us busy.
    Then April we will be in Ireland for Aoifes communion I can’t believe she’s eight.

May the cruise so I need to buck my ideas up.

I'm just really anxious about my Hubbys NAFLD. The scans that are six monthly are just looking for cancer. It’s terrifying. I think it’s easier with me. I can push it to the back of my mind but he’s  got so many health problems.

We have some sun today that will definitely give us a boost 

Ann xxx

Ann
     ‍Art

• Well, keep your fingers crossed, we are off to Crufts on Sunday!!! I'll be happy as long as we are not last! She will probably be the oldest in her class, so we are going for the experience.

She keeps moving!

• She won’t let you down  . Looking forward to hearing how she gets on .

She has done so well .

Court x 

Community Champion Badge

• How was yesterday? Any success? 
    Court 

Community Champion Badge

• A successful day, Tangle coped well, public liked her, but was unplaced out of 8. The oldest by about 3 years in her class. May do better when she moves into veteran late this year. Dog shows place 1 to 3, reserve then highly commended. Humans had a good show too, though I was weary yesterday but shattered today, and I hurt! And stiff. No spoons left already for today.