Feel like giving up !

• 2 replies
  • 134 subscribers

Honestly I feel like giving up I'm on a chemo break and loving it been free from sickness  breathlessness, fatigue planning every outing around my chemo. Booking bloods having pic flushed etc

I had my scan on Tuesday and was ment to be seeing my oncologist next week for results but apparently all the slots have gone so she said it could be a few weeks , I can't wait that long for results plus I'm booked in again for chemo on 13th but if its not working then no point continuing that one. 

Then there's the issue of funding for cetuximab I have to pay because its a re challenge, I started fundraising but it hasn't gone very well where do I go from here ? 

I feel like I've had enough of fighting do I enjoy the rest of my life symptom free.

I just don't know any more I'm stage 4 bowel cancer with two liver mets 3.7mm in size together. 

I know I sound selfish but I've been through so much in 4 years it gets to you everyone things I'm so strong. 

Tired face

• HazG hello from a fellow stage 4 cancer patient, I think you are an amazingly strong lady, though I do understand your dilemma, Is treatment worth the physical cost, I have to make that decision myself soon and as like you I am feeling ok, which means so much to me, the decision is a difficult one, made even harder by having family, who i want to be with for as long as possible. take care.

Eddie

• Are you a candidate for radio frequency ablation ? Can you get a second opinion on that aspect ?

I totally get what you are saying . I felt conflicted with mum . The decision was taken away from us but her tumours are slow growing . For me I wanted to know the speed of growth and how long that she would potentially stay symptom free . That was a big factor for her .

Have you thought about phoning Macmillan to see if there is anyway to access Cetuximab ? 

Can you approach the pharmaceutical companies to see if they have a compassionate access program ?

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000