Where is everyone?

• 29 replies
  • 133 subscribers

Oh well. I’m having a colonography on Wednesday. My decision, not because anything is wrong. I hope. Just for peace of mind. My last colonoscopy 5 1/2 years was clear. Everything for nearly 10 years! years has been ok as well. So why am I doing this? I’m not really sure. My nurse said it might be a good idea as I worry about things. Even though there’s nothing to worry about. Prep starts on Tuesday. I will be having it privately, at some cost. Is there anybody there ..? 

• Still here  . You are doing great and always a pleasure to see you pop back up .

Hope life is treating you well and getting ready for your summer . It’s been a wet one here but enjoying a few beautiful September days . 

Mum continues in her treatment and all in all coping well . Off out with my cousin for ice cream this afternoon then she will come for tea here . All good .

Take special care , stay well and peace of mind is everything .

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Great to see you back . I don’t blame you wanting reassurance, and you have had prostate ca as well. The fear of recurrence never goes away. You have done well.

I am all clear too, 14 years for breast ca and 5 1/2 years for colon ca. Feel  very lucky.

Take care 

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

• Hi  I’m still here too! Good to hear from you. 10 years wow! I’m coming up to 7 in November and was discharged from the hospital after a colonoscopy in 2021 but totally understand your reasoning - I think we should get them every 5 years for peace of mind too.

Lovely sunny day here today. Hubby abandoned watching the cricket so I’m off to join him sitting in the garden

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Thanks for the replies. Good to catch up. I hadn’t  seen any new posts for ages! Last meal soon before the prep tomorrow. Such fun … 

• Nauseated face X

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Here we go then. About to go to the clinic. Awful day with the prep but it must be done. A diet of black coffee, bovril drinks, lemon jelly and water. Up five times in the night so hope that’s it. Flushed

• The report back this morning! No polyps. Just an inguinal hernia by or in the distal colon (I think.) Dr sent a text saying no new findings and nothing of concern. But I’ll have a ph appt on Tuesday to see what some of the terms mean. 

• Excellent news  setting you up nicely for a good summer .

You can relax and enjoy this next chapter in your life .

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Copd? Some changes in lungs but no focal abnormality which must be good. Dr gave me steroids, antibiotics and a puffer which relieved awful coughing mostly at night. Trying to sleep sitting up. Hmmmm. Wife has coughing fits too but I don’t think she caught copd off me! Maybe we caught a bug. Seeing Dr again tomorrow and will blow into a spirometer I believe. I’ve had worse things happen to me! Love from a Springy NZ. 

• Big day today. 10 years since my bowel cancer surgery. Still quite vivid memories, but no concerns. Best wishes to all. X