Good News

• 6 replies
  • 133 subscribers

Hello everybody, I haven’t been on for a while and hope that you all have been coping in this hot hot hot weather.

yesterday I saw my oncologist after finishing my last lot of Folfox. When I walked in to see her she had a big smile on her face, albeit behind the obligatory mask, but her eyes were shining bright. She told me all my tumours had srunk which is excellent news, but not just by a little but massively srunk. My markers were over 700 at the beginning of this lot of chemo and are now at 43. She went on to tell me they have never seen results as significant as these. I walked out of there as if I was walking on a cloud with the biggest smile on my face.

if you are on Folfox and having a rough time, preserver honestly it is worth it. If you are struggling ask them to do the infusion over a longer period of time. They changed mine from 2hrs to 3hrs of the oxipalitan in hospital because I kept getting reactions. It made such a difference, I did still get all the side effects but they weren’t as brutal and I was able to cope.

I have now done 24 chemo sessions and hope to start again in October after a break.

Stay positive, stay happy and stay strong Heartpulse

Susan xx