Oncology meeting today

• 6 replies
  • 134 subscribers

Myself husband and daughter made our way to see the oncologist today at 9am it was the same one I had last year as he knows my history, he was lovely showed us my pet scan that was interesting I have a 7mm lymph node back of my tummy towards back bone he said and I have a 2cm spot in my liver,he did say there was a high lighted area top of my  uterus but the consultant radiologist wasn't convinced it was cancer she said apparently some parts can take up the glucose for no reason.

So plan of action is 6 rounds if chemo a different one this time as he said the one I was on before was preventative rather than a treatment it's going to  be Irinotecan folfori then pet scan and see what's happening.

I mentioned the HIPEC to him and he said no surgery as there's nothing to remove really and there's no spread to peritoneum and HIPEC is only usually done for this.

So that was positive he said take it one step at a time I think k he was saying he was hoping the chemo woukd knock the lymph node and liver back Fingers crossedPray 

I have to get my picc line back in then chemo.

I felt a lot more positive today he was really reassuring and he was having my original tumor tested to see what it reacts too and the gynaecology of it.

Xx

• Hi HagZ, sound like it's positive news, I'll keep my fingers crossed, regular updates please Slight smile 

• Hi 

Thats much more encouraging and a very small tumour burden . Phew !

The benefits of robust scanning and getting onto it before it’s a problem . A hard process but a life saver .

You can relax for a bit now and treat yourself . Sounds a good plan .

Best foot forward as my mum likes to say .

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Thanks Court Blush 

I'm going to start chemo once picc line is fitted.

I'm starting  Irinotecan folfori at 75% I'm dreading it but no choice.

Quick thinking and surveillance from my surgeon amazing otherwise I could be in a worse position.

Xx

• So true and 7 mm is practically the size of your pinkie nail so certainly not a big tumour load . Some of my mum’s liver mets were 5 cm and chemo did a powerful job .

Hopefully a different chemotherapy will be easier on you to tolerate . Some people do report it to be so .

But we will be here helping you. .

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

• Thank goodness you are all here it's such a daunting time didn't think I'd be here so soon.

I'm thankfull they are small he said that's probably why they didn't show on ct scan.

Right off to enjoy the sun Sun with face xxx

• Good on you ! It’s a pleasant day here too . Take care ,

Court 

Ps I think you are doing incredibly well !

Community Champion Badge