August 2022 Catch Up Thread .

• 43 replies
  • 136 subscribers

Beautiful sunny start to August in this part of the U.K. .

Some thoughts for those living with Cancer as a chronic condition .

Hope it’s a good month for those in treatment , looking for shrinkage and pushing through another cycle .

Court 

• While there’s nothing good about cancer, the time that a tough years of treatment buys, whether long or short, is such a bonus that I can appreciate our wonderful world a little more deeply than before. 

Every blessing
    Wellspring
  • Butterfly’s mean so much to me . Right at the start in late September when mum had just been diagnosed. I was feeling despondent and reversing into my driveway . It was just before tea and in my rear view mirror I spied the most beautiful butterfly sitting on the cladding on my house basking in the afternoon sun . 

When I looked to the side a further five were sitting on the one bush !

I don’t know why but I found it very comforting . My mum had one primary and five mets . It gave me a sense of hope although I am not sure why .

I agree there is nothing good in the disease . Mum has still got long term issues from treatment . Think she might also have a vertebrae  fracture or something in that area . A lot of pain and bloods showing something relating to her bones . Lots of chemo and steroid use , so I guess she will have issues with her bone density . X-ray tomorrow. GP paid a home visit and all over it . We are so fortunate for the care we get from him . She will get there . 
    However she has been on the phone tonight to make sure her holiday is paid up and plans are being made . Pushing through is what she does best as she wants to enjoy being by the sea with her clan !

Time is a precious commodity .

Keep sharing the photos . Great to see .

I take it you have a good camera ?

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Had my surgical follow up yesterday, all well. Colonoscopy Sept 6th , then if that is OK I’m 5 years clear! Feel very lucky.

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

• Excellent news

we have quite similar bio’s !! It’s great to hear you are 14+ 5 years out after 2 different primaries ! Gives me inspiration Two hearts at 9 and 1. 

• Hi Court. Thank you for your encouragement, and I’m glad that you appreciated the butterflies. The best camera you can use is the one you have with you! The second two were snapped on my phone. The first on a nice camera using what’s called micro 4/3 technology - meaning decent quality but much less weight. So more mobile, more likely to be with me. 

This little chap took a fancy to our hose…

Every blessing
    Wellspring
  • Good luck  !

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

• Flower of the day, our first crinum blossom, especially precious as it was blind last year. 

Every blessing
    Wellspring
  • Hi Artsie, good luck with everything. Sending love and hugs xx

• Hi Court, sending love and hugs to you and your mum. Xx

• Hi Seaspirt great news, sending hugs xx