Appendix Cancer - Goblet Cell adenocarcinoma

• 6 replies
  • 132 subscribers

Hi

Recently diagnosed with goblet cell adenocarcinoma. Just wondering if anyone going through the same. Am booked in for cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC 30th May. Grimacing

• Welcome 

I have just checked the search function and we don’t have a lot of people coming through but one or two posts with reference to Goblet cell . If you check the search function top right hand magnifying glass .

However we do have a lot of people joining with appendix cancers of various subtypes and there are a few people who have gone through Hipec surgery . I followed a young man for years on an American forum until normal life had fully taken back over and he stopped posting but he did do an update 10 years later following Hipec surgery and photos of his now growing family .

I have just read an information leaflet and see your subtype is rare but I think you will find you can link in with different aspects of care snd draw from that . Also Bowel cancer U.K. has specific stage 4 groups and FB group which most definitely has people who have had Hipec . If you read  profile ( click on her user name ) you can read her update . Her husband has had similar surgery .

All the very best with your surgery . It’s reassuring to know in the U.K. it’s done with curative intent .

Will you be having post op chemo ? 
    Take care ,

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Hi

Thank you for your reply. I won’t know until after the op if any further chemo is required.

I’ll have a look and see what I can find. 
    thanks again 

• Hi SallyJo77, I was diagnosed with Appendix cancer and Pseudomyxoma Peritonei.  My appendix had leaked into my abdominal cavity.  I had a huge operation in September 2020 to remove my ovaries, full hysterectomy, appendix, gallbladder, a right hemi and part of my omentum.  I still had the PMP cells in my abdomen and was put on watch and wait.  My recent scans and bloods showed an increase in my markers and new growth.  I have a telephone call with Mr Dayal at Basingstoke in two weeks to discuss the next steps.  My local surgeon thinks I now need the Cytoreductive Surgery and HIPEC.  Good luck for your surgery and feel free to chat if you just need to vent. Karen

• Thanks for your reply Karen.

Sounds like you have already been through an ordeal. I had a hysterectomy to start with as they originally thought it was ovarian cysts but when they removed it they found that they weren’t the primary source and pathology showed it was from the appendix.  Thank you for reaching out it’s just nice to hear from others going through a similar thing. I hope they agree to do the op for you. Mine is on 30th May in Manchester xxxx

• Hi , I hope your recovery is going well. Although you have an appendix cancer diagnosis, you will find a lot of like-minded souls on the pseudomyxoma peritonei (PMP) forum as the treatment is the same for both. I was diagnosed with PMP in 2010.

Angela 
    Pseudomyxoma peritonei survivor
    Trustee
    Pseudomyxoma Survivor

• Thats a great idea and I will also bookmark this thread and refer others in similar situations .

Take care ,

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000