Stomach bypass surgery

• 2 replies
  • 134 subscribers

Has anyone here had a palliative stomach bypass operation for peritoneal mets. I have it planned for next week. Not really looking forward to it but if it helps me eat a bit more it will be worth it. I have gone off my food at the moment. I have the KRAS mutant gene so there doesn't seem to be a lot of help out there for me. 

Best wishes

Louise 

• Hi 

Is that similar surgery to the bowel by passes that people sometimes have prior to treatment if they are at risk of rupturing ? Trying to think who had that as I remember thinking their husband had the tumour removed and they explained it was a bypass !

Let me have a think !

I can totally understand you not wanting to have more surgery and I take it , it’s a preventative measure to allow a good run at chemo ?

Have you decided on the best way forward regarding that ?

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Hope you are alright after the surgery! Did it work out well?
    I have also been thinking about a similar gastric bypass surgery because it would help me eat healthier and get more nutrients. It will also reduce the risks of my cancer spreading to other organs.
    I am not sure that I want that, but I don’t want to give up, and I want to try all the ways that are available for me to last longer and spend more time with my family. I will have to follow strict food rules after the surgery, but I hope it will be worth it. I don’t know what else to do in this case.