How are we all doing ?

• 282 replies
  • 148 subscribers

Just checking to see if we are all finding our way around the site . 
I have been through a few platform changes over the years here and it always takes me time to adjust .

Hope you are all ok and keeping well .

Court 

• Got a letter from the GP today. They think I've got post viral deconditioning and to take it easy, and slowly up the exercise. Review in 12 weeks. I think they've got hold of the wrong end of the stick. I shall have to think about a carefully worded reply!  do you really think it is worth asking the oncologist? I hate wasting people's time, but something is not right. I am prepared to wait if that is really the answer, but diagnosis unseen is starting to bug me. Did you take your fitbit for a walk? I have no idea if O² levels normally drop, but I guess not as much as they are.

• Hi 

I have sent you a friends request . I do think it would be reasonable to pass it by your GP .

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Hi Court,

Just checked in today and What the heck-thought I was on a different site asking me for a new password etc. I guess we all have to a except change right. Great to see you still helping on here!

I think it’s needed more than ever with this forced isolation. Keep up the good work you’re an Angel

Please give me the strength to change what I can, accept what I can't change and the wisdom to know the difference.

Love and Respect Tony

• Evening, I think I cannot 'fight' them at the moment (wrong word but cannot think of another) so will just keep plodding on. I have to believe if they are happy with the way things are going, and the oxygen levels, then I should be too. No excess energy available to work out an alternative plan.

Will keep monitoring the walks, for info, and see. Hopefully I can get back some of the stamina I had a couple of months ago, and then increase it. One day I will get to pre covid levels, or even pre cancer, I have to believe.

Stay safe,

• Tried very hard to PM you . Many , many failures along the way . I will pass the info onto the technical team but hope you got the content ok .

I can see your weary of it but I think it’s reasonable to want to know if the equipment is accurate in its reading or why your oxygen saturation level is dropping so low . If it was me I would pass it by the oncologist to be on the safe side .

Hope your doing ok ! I know it’s so difficult to know the best way forward at times . Do what you think is best for you .

take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

• Hey  great to see you on the new platform. You made it . It is giving me much pleasure to see people able to login. It’s taking a bit of adjusting for sure and I have been pressing a lot of buttons just to see what on Earth they do ! But we shall work through it .

My mum always tells me we all need each other more than we think . This point in history has certainly brought that home .

You brought a wee tear to my eye ! Your a nice man for sure . Hope your area is doing ok . I have to admit I have enjoyed the lull over summer . Been to the sea and meeting up with friends again . I don’t need a big life but the little freedoms of life I took for granted are even sweeter ! The lessons we learn along the way ! My poor wee mum has taken everything cancer has thrown at her without a single tear . She has dealt with lockdown without a complaint but yesterday I found  her in tears . So lots of love and many plans for this year to get her over this bump . She is so right . We need each other .

Stay safe everyone x 

Community Champion Badge

• We certainly do need each other Court. 
    You tell your Mum tears can be a cleansing, why else would we have tear ducts. 
    Myself and the wife are doing fine over here as long as we don’t listen to the orange haired clown that is lol

Please give me the strength to change what I can, accept what I can't change and the wisdom to know the difference.

Love and Respect Tony

• Hi Court, 

I think I am getting the hang of this site now. I love how everyone is so helpful and friendly to each other. Someone is always listening to our stories and helping us on our journey. Hope your mum feels better after her little cry, I have done a lot of that lately and it does make you feel a bit better plus it’s normal too! Keep up the good work. Xx

Christine

• Hi   So glad you feel it’s friendly. That’s what we are hoping to achieve .

Mum is finding today easier . I think the prolong restrictions just got to her a bit . She has a couple of days away soon and I think it will set her up for Autumn.

I am glad you are getting the hang of it .  helped me with the private message part so everyday we learn something new .

There is a technical team behind the scenes working hard to address anything that has been raised .

I am thinking of doing Macmillan’s 5 km challenge . I have family that will sponsor me so not looking for money but If anyone wants to do the challenge with me we could encourage each other . Only if appropriate of course .

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Court, 

That’s good to hear your mum has a little trip planned hope she has a lovely time it will do her the world of good! 

I have done the Race for Life a few times in the past which is 5km, walked and ran it with my kids and friends. When is the Macmillan 5km? 

Christine xx