Has anyone had Zarzio injections

• 4 replies
  • 133 subscribers

Hi everybody

Has anyone been given Zarzio injections whilst on chemo , I have been given them to have inbetween chemo sessions to lower my risk of the virus. I was warned that they might give me joint pains which they have , but I also have quite severe stomach cramps and a weird how can i describe it ? a whooshing sort of feeling throughout my body , I have an illostomy  , if anybody has any advise would be truly grateful I have one more injection tonight before the next lot of chemo next week so hoping these feelings will subside

Thanks

Lots of love Peacock62 xxx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi 

I have to inject myself for 5 days after chemo with that and I have not had any side effects. I have done that for the last 3 cycles and I have not been affected at all. Is it not the side effects of chemo you are feeling?

i know my response is of no help really, sorry.

Ana

• Hi Ana

Thanks for your reply yes maybe it is the chemo I have been feeling increasingly tired and my ilostomy is also quite erratic so maybe it's that causing the pain

Thanks anyway 

Love Peacock62 xxx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Peacock62

You are most welcome. My colostomy goes haywire every time I have chemo. I end up feeling very fatigued for a week and often feel I just want to stay in bed. 

Hope your chemo goes well and you feel better.

Ana

• Hi 

I inject for 7 days after each cycle and have experience slight muscle joint and nerve pain on my 2nd cycle to be just after my 3rd cycle and my mobility went from not to bad I can cope with this pain to being out on morphine and then being admitted and being put on pregabalin and the nerve pain stopped () but still wobbly knees and ankles weak and next chemo is this Friday - there is help for the pain so perhaps ask your team about pregabalin you may still feel joints are a bit weak but if like me pain free. I hope this helps I have see. A lot of posts with same issues - also I changed the time of day when I injected to afternoon to 6:45 in the evening after my evening meal that helped