Operation

• 0 replies
  • 97 subscribers

After being diagnosed with stage 3 rectal cancer and going through 5 weeks of intense chemo radiation which finished in May  the end is nearly nigh. Today I have finally have got the date for my operation the 12th November. I will be starting with the robotic but they will not know until they start what will happen. I have been told were my tumour is there is a possibility that I will end up with a stoma. I have been told it is a seven to eight hour operation I have already seen the anaesthetist and will getting a phone call from them a week before the op. My mind at the moment is working overtime because of my age but have been assured because of my lifestyle there is a very low risk of a stroke or heart attack I know they have to give you the worst scenario. All I can think I can soon get back to riding my horse and my surgeon can’t see any reason why I can't. I won’t know until after if I have to go back on chemo because I also have 3 suspect lymph nodes and I know one will becoming out which is near my tumour. I have had to think positive all the way through if not I would have given up ages ago.