EMVI POSITIVE CANCER

• 3 replies
  • 99 subscribers

Hello. I'm new to the group.  I found out recently by letter that I have emvi pmmr bowel cancer.  Had tumour removed and on chemo now but none of my consultants explained the seriousness of my cancer and I'm really struggling mentally because I can't find anything positive regarding this type of cancer off Google.  I know you can't predict the outcome but any positive stories would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi  

We have many people come through with this and go on to recover fully .

When my mum started treatment this information was not even available to patients.

I see it a bit like a gathering of information to see if chemo is of benefit ,

So if lymph nodes , depth of tumour , Emvi etc is present they may suggest belts and braces chemo to reduce the risks further after surgery .Which is still the best tool In the box . 

The other thing about Bowel cancer the rate of recurrences drop off quickly after two years .

My mum had a spread at diagnosis. But her strength was in being a top responder to  chemo and shrank the spread right down . That’s another variable .

You have done the main things to prevent a recurrence but if you ask your nurse if they could get someone to reassure you and explain it to you when you are getting your bloods done or send an email to your consultants secretary. They would want to get this into a better place for you .

Take care ,

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Thank you. I think i need to email the consultant as they never even mentioned the type of cancer I had and I've probably done the worst thing in researching myself. Appreciate your response.