Pelvic Pain.

• 5 replies
  • 98 subscribers

I was diagnosed with colon cancer last September, resection in November, mop up chemo, followed, treatment ended last April.

In June I started experiencing  pelvic pain, and of course went into panic, thinking it had returned.  Oncology  brought my CT scan forward,  all was good.  Apart from my blood tests showed an increase in CEA markers from 4 to 5, but they assured me it is nothing to worry about, and have arranged more bloods in October.

On Friday I went to see a gynaecologist, who said my pain can be one of two things, one being pain from the scarring of the resection.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this?

Thank you.

• Hi  

After surgery my mum had what we believe was adhesions . They were really quite painful and she even had to watch the position she was sitting in eating . The time she ate etc . A bit like a pulling pain . 
    However scans never showed any issues and after months of being bothersome they settled down . Once I had googled them I could see why she might be sore .

Not suggesting it’s the same thing just sharing her experience.

take care ,

Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Thank you kindly for your reply.

It's nearly a year since my surgery, the pain started around June.

I am waiting on further tests, hoping it will settle too, but any pain is a worry when you have recurrence anxiety. 

Hope your mum is doing well now.

Regards,

Jules.

• Hi. 

I should have said it was about a year later before it started . I meant to say that .

My mum died this year but got to be an older lady  thanks to the nhs . She had lots of recurrences as she was a stage 4 patient at diagnosis but the interesting thing she had no symptoms of pain for any of them . The robust scanning got them whilst they were small and manageable. Quickly nipped in the bud . Bowel cancer is still very treatable even in a spread and has a lot more options than a lot of other primaries .She lived 15 years as a stage 4 patient . 

But anxiety of this happening is very real . I will link you in an article written by a dr on life after the treatment is over you might find helpful .

Macmillan also has teamed up with Bupa to offer six free counselling sessions if you think that might help . The helpline has the details .

take care and I will link in the article . 
    Court 

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Thank you so much, very appreciated.