Folfox how many rounds

• 6 replies
  • 98 subscribers

My oncologist said at the start of my chemo journey six rounds would be good twelve rounds would be great if I could handle it. I’ve just done six rounds - interested in understanding how many rounds others have had and if they changed the number of rounds from the plan at the start? 

• I had 4 then had an operation as my ovary wasn't not responding but the rest was. Now I've had 9 rounds of Folfoxiri (so adding in irinotican) post op- but it's actually being called neoadjuvant chemo pre potentially doing something for my liver. Is yours pre or post op Folfox? 

• I had op to remove blocked bowel and am now having chemo so post op. 

• I hope you're recovering well, it's a big operation isn't it. So yes I think (but am no  expert!). Are you waiting to see whether your Oncologist says to push on and do 12? you would usually have scans after the 6? 

• Yes exactly. I have scans next week. Wondering if all clear Fingers crossed tone1 he’ll say enough but also worried I’m wishful thinking 

• awe wishing you all the very best with the scans- I think it's probably to do with how you're feeling on the folfox as well as it can have the nasty side effects I am sure you were told about- so they might still say 12 whatever the scans say, if you're doing okay- keep us posted

• Yes the side effects are taking hold now with neuropathy and fatigue - will keep you posted