More than 400 FIT test but nothing found on Colonoscopy

• 1 reply
  • 96 subscribers

Hello,

I went to the doctors around a month ago due to a change in bowel habits (went from once a day to 5-10 times a day and loose with some blood). Did a FIT test which came back over 400, and bloods which came back with out of range kidney & liver function and red blood cells. 

Fast tracked for a colonoscopy which I had on Monday, which the doctor said was of no concern and nothing shown, he took a couple of biopsies which will take 4-6 weeks. 

I can’t help but feeling a bit lost now - whilst I’m obviously hugely relieved they said there is no cancer, surely there must be something going on for such a high FIT and the abnormal bloods.

Would anyone be able to offer any guidance or advice? 

• Hi  

When I was diagnosed, the highest FIT range of >400 only resulted in 1 in 4 cases being cancer.

Do you have a colorectal consultant or registrar reviewing your case, as they may be best to ask what next steps you have to find out the cause of your symptoms? They maybe the ones who meet, call or write to you with the biopsy results.

Waiting can be hard and unsettling. It sounds like the news so far has been good regarding no cancer, so I hope you can try and focus on that.