Liver mri requested from MDT

• 2 replies
  • 98 subscribers

Husband had first MDT review today. Got a call afterwards saying they want him to have an MRI of his liver. Is this normal? We have had no biopsy results from the initial diagnosis 4 weeks ago and he is fit and well with no symptoms whatsoever. So presumably something came up on the CT that they want to look at. I’m petrified it has spread and also means another 2/3 weeks before a treatment plan is proposed as we need to back through the MDT cycle. I’m so scared but trying hard to be strong for him. Any advice on what this could mean would be welcomed. 

• Hi  I had exactly the same scenario and many others on the board have too. My CT scan flagged up something in the liver but the MRI can give a more accurate diagnosis. In my case (and many others on here) it turned out to be a haemangioma. These are harmless benign cysts which lots of people have and go through life none the wiser unless they have a scan. 

Hoping he gets his appointment through quickly and then you can get a treatment plan in place

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Thank you Karen - its the continued not knowing and delay in getting to the treatment plan that is just as frustrating and worrying,  I am hoping it will be a benign cyst but now we have more time to worry and fear things.  Thank you for a positive response