Waiting is so hard

• 3 replies
  • 85 subscribers

Hi,

I've had a colonoscopy where they discovered a big polyp, then a MRI scan which showed it had grown, then a flexible sigmoidoscopy to remove the polyp  and it had grown again but they couldn't fully remove it as they found a bigger lump so took biopsies.  Then two weeks later they sent me for a CT. That was two days ago and no one has told me anything about what's going on Cry All I've had is the consultant doing the polyp removal saying "it doesn't look good"!

That's it. Nothing else. No one is telling me anything and my mind is absolutely running away with his comment he made. I feel so alone.

Anyone else had this please? What did you do?

• Hi  and welcome to the group!

I was diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2019. I agree, the waiting is definitely the worse part! I have regular CT scan and it usually takes up to 2 weeks to get results. Are you still also waiting for biopsy results? Try not to worry too much, it might be benign, and if not there are some good treatment options available Slight smile

Any questions at all, just put it in the chat, there is always someone with similar experiences to help,

Take care,

Cecile

• Thanks for your reply. Yes also waiting for biopsy results and that's been 3 weeks now so it feels like forever Cry

• Hi. 
    I had a named nurse after my colonoscopy that was very supportive and answered all my questions. 
    Do you have the form from your procedure, there’s should be a number?
    You could give them a ring to find out what’s happening 

Ann
     ‍Art