Colon cancer 12 month surveillance

• 4 replies
  • 85 subscribers

I am feeling really nervous!  I had colon cancer 12 months ago where I had curative surgery to remove the tumour and a temporary ileostomy.  I had my 12 month surveillance CT at the beginning of March and was put on an urgent 2 week referral to the colorectal team as they have found a new suspicious looking 7mm nodule in my lung which they they think is suspicious.  Sabr treatment was mentioned at the meeting and the fact someone would be in touch shortly.  This was on the 26th March and my mind has been working overtime since and I can't stop googling and making myself worry.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It's perfectly natural to be feeling nervous but please do stop googling and talk to 'real' people here instead.

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again and I'm sure one of the members will be along shortly to share their experiences with you.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi  

Sorry I missed your post . I was travelling home on Saturday with my mum and just finding my feet .

Firstly if it’s a lung nodule  from bowel cancer they are very slow growing apparently and I can testify to that as my mum has been dealing with a spread to her lung since 2014 . They removed it via vats surgery at around 8 mm in 2016 . Then absolutely nothing until 2022 when a further nodule was discovered . Due to age related issues she had Cetuximab on its own which shrank that back down . She was on that for ten months . For the last four months she has had no treatment due to her other health issues but continues to do well .

7 mm is the size of a small finger nail and due to the robust scanning they will be all over that and get a good plan for you .

Please stay away from some of the Google stories as they scare you too much . You are a stat of one .

We are here to support you until you are safely through this bump on the road .

Take special care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Thank you so much x

• Thank you, I will look into updating my profile now x