Hoping someone can help me , 

I've had an awful time recovering from my high anterior resection surgery , 

I had a fainting episode , they think it might have been a stroke ,

I'm 2 weeks post op , I still feel terrible , 

Im on antibiotics because they think I have an infection deep Inside , 

They putting me on all these tablets and I just don't feel well ,

I'm supposed to be taking blood thinning injections every night , 

I have another 10 days to go but I'm worried there making me ill ,

Should I still keep injecting them ? Has anyone stopped and suffered because they had ? 

Any info gladly appreciate it 

Thanks 

• Hi  I’m sorry to hear that you’re struggling so much - if you click on my name then you’ll see that I had a couple of set backs after surgery - but 2 weeks is still quite early days and I’m sure you’ll get there eventually. 
    The fragmin injections are important. Cancer and surgery puts you at risk of blood clots and the lack of activity during recovery increases the risk factor. I’ve not heard of people feeling ill from the fragmin and I really would encourage you to continue with them. I was readmitted with shortness of breath after one of my hospital stays and it turned out to be a large pulmonary embolism (blood clot) on each lung. The consultant was shocked that I got these while on the fragmin injections and I’m now on blood thinners for life.

I know it’s easy to say but you will start to feel better in time. I remember just feeling so rubbish that I didn’t know what to do with myself and wondered if I’d ever feel ‘normal’ again? Have you had your bloods checked? I was really low on potassium and calcium so had to take supplements for those?

Really hope you start to improve over the next few days and remember that ‘This too shall pass’.

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm