Treatment

• 1 reply
  • 83 subscribers

I’ve been referred to the hospital for treatment  I need  chemo and radiotherapy before my op , was just wondering how long I’d have to wait to have from them I’m getting anxious now , I know it’s only been two weeks , what are the general waiting times ? 

• Hi 

I think you could potentially have another few weeks . Our helpline staff would know more accurately but at holiday seasons it does slow down for a bit to let staff get their annual leave . We are in Scotland and still have staffing implications from covid absence.

However I totally understand this is a horrible time waiting for more information so please feel free to chat here and get some support .

Did they say what chemotherapy you are getting ? 
    https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_types/bowel-colon-rectum-cancer-forum/f/new-here-say-hello/227598/radiotherapy-care-top-tips
    This is our radiotherapy tips thread that you might find helpful when preparing for radiotherapy .

Also Macmillan has teamed up with Bupa for six free counselling sessions if that is of interest to you . Our helpline staff have all in the information on 0808 808 0000

We also have other support mechanisms like email buddies or telephone ones if you think this would work for you .

Its very individual so no pressure .

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000