Bowel/colon/colorectal Cancer Is It All The Same Thing??

• 2 replies
  • 83 subscribers

Hi!  I know I shouldn't but I've been googling endless information about the above issue and every bit of information is different from one thing to another and sometimes they use medical terminology that is just `gobbledygook`. My husband has had the news of recurrent bowel cancer and his cancer surgeon (not oncologist) has told him that this cancer is `slow growing` but because of where it is sitting at present is inoperable. He is now looking at this at this `being it` and he is going to just have it and hope for the best they can treat it again. What I would like to know is can the chemotherapy or whatever treatment they decide for him possible get rid of the tumour/ cancerous polyps that are there or is there a chance that surgery can be performed at at later date if this is possible. Thanks

Vicky Mason.

• Hi, , yes all the above!!! Treatment can get rid of the tumour, or reduce enough to operate, if possible. And bowel, colon, collecterol are pretty interchangeable unless you have rectal.  Others will come along with more info later, but sending ((hugs)) in the meantime. 

• Thank you Gemmary! He had to have a bowel re section so now has a permanent stoma bag. This op was done before the first cancer operation. Is a complete blow for us but hubby says he's not going anywhere so suppose that's a good attitude to take. Almost one year down the line n we're back to square one when we thought that t had gone for good. We can only hope what they do next will control it to f they can't cure it.

Vicky.