Capox and dizziness

• 4 replies
  • 84 subscribers

Hi all, 

Just finished my 2nd cycle of capox treatment (after 6 weeks of combined chemo/radiotherapy).

During the first week of the 2nd cycle I noticed I was getting severe dizzy spells, generally feeling light headed and completely lost my appetite (really not like me). These symptoms have not gone away.

Does anyone have any advice on how to lessen these effects? As they, along with increased fatigue, mean I am now pretty much housebound. Not much fun when you live alone. 

• Might be worth mentioning to your dr.I was told to cut down on my blood pressure meds whilst on capox to lessen the dizzy spells.

But it does need to be done under medical supervision.

Kath

• I did also have the " everything tastes like cardboard" effect which was always better on the week off.

Kath

• Thanks, I do take meds for high blood pressure so this may be worth looking into 

• I’m on my 3rd capox .I totally get where you’re coming from.The best advice I can give really ,is to to talk to your team ,or a Macmillan worker at the hospital.maybe a chat to a dietitian,or maybe need liquid food ..ensure . Eat little and often and it doesn’t matter what it is ..as I’ve found out ..I try get some ready meals in or when I’m on my 7 days off do some batch cooking ..lots of snacks .keeping hydrated is important too .. trail and error with foods and drinks ..rest often ..ask for help with things ..I hope you have a support network around you ..

I’ve just tried to eat some cheese and onion crisps….vile .take care