Malignant polyp

• 4 replies
  • 84 subscribers

We were all ready for my husband to have his peritoneal cancer operated using cryotherapy. Bucket of cold water time as a colonoscopy has thrown up a malignant polyp. The radiologist said poor outcome but we are waiting for the surgeon to see the biopsy and have the final say. I think my husband is convinced that this is it. I don’t know what to think but I am living in hell. As the caregiver this is awful and my husband thinks only he is suffering. Can someone offer support?

• , you've come to the right place for support, thought as a carer you might find more help on the carers group. Otherwise we will all support you both as much as we can. Perhaps ring the Macmillan helpline for advice? Take care

• Hi ,

Just popping on briefly but my mum has hit quite a few bumps along the way and had to go back on more chemo for stability but despite the complexities she was able to get a team that came up with solutions . 
    I would certainly be armed with a list of questions along the lines of options and the best way to go forward . If he wishes to maintain an aggressive approach he should definitely make that known . 

It’s easy to feel that there’s remove all options but it’s not always the case . 
    Hoping for the best for him as it’s definitely something that needs to be addressed . What was the radiologist meaning with poor outcome . Was that with the polyp?

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Hi Court,

Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you.  We are in limbo waiting for the team to get the biopsy, meet and then tell us what is next, if anything.  We know the polyp is in fact a metastasis from the peritoneal cancer into the rectum.  Here in Spain the idea was to go for cryotherapy before the polyp or metastasis was discovered.  Waiting is hard for both of us and I have to hear such horrible insults from him sometimes.  Very hard.

• That's a good idea Gemmary, I might actually speak to someone, it would do me good. We are in limbo waiting for the team to look at the biopsy and decide what's next if anything and if my husband will be okay with what they offer.