Hello I am new to this group and have only just been diagnosed with Colon Cancer

• 62 replies
  • 90 subscribers

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself.  I am Irene and have just this week been diagnosed with Colon Cancer. 

I am not yet aware of what treatment is in store for me, but just wanted to say hello to you all.  We are on a journey, a new chapter, and I wish you all well.

Macmillan Cancer Support have been wonderful to me in this first terrifying week - so I felt I was not alone.

Best wishes and warmest virtual hugs,

Irene

• Thanks Marianne 

Its definitely worth thinking about.
    I’m not new here if you click on my name you can see my bio.

Sadly We’ve had three terrible health issues in six months. A miscarriage with my daughter a cancer diagnosis me and PD for my husband. I used to love drawing. Maybe one day. 

It’s lovely to hear that it brings you joy. 
    Enjoy your talent 

Ann
     ‍Art

• Many thanks Marianne and  … I am looking forward to going back to my art as soon as I can and look forward to exchanging ideas with you bothHeart eyes
    Love and good wishes

Irene

xx

With all my very best wishes for the journey we are bravely undertaking. Supporting each other is the way forward and means everything to me.

Irene

• I know exactly what you mean…it’s like the heavens opened up and just chucked it down on us. I started feeling really anxious and depressed and not being able to sleep since last July. I’ve been battling insomnia and having therapy for 7 months. Just before this colonoscopy the GP refused sleeping pills. I was awake 24/7 and thinking I was going mad, Then Norovirus…is when I noticed things were not right. Other stuff with the family. Pandemic etc etc.  
    Anyway, indeed, what is the saying ‘the sh*t hit the fan’. 
    Looking back I think it was some kind of trial, but now on the other side the path is clearer and I know exactly what is what. I think art will have to wait at the moment, but I feel it will be a comfort once treatment starts. 
    With all good wishes for your progress.

Irene

With all my very best wishes for the journey we are bravely undertaking. Supporting each other is the way forward and means everything to me.

Irene

• IreneW Take it easy and try not to second guess what will happen  Get your brushes and paint out even if you only do a tidy up and rearrange the kitchen so you don't have to stretch for anything...Then its your hospital bag ready  .Lots of wee things.        

Kissing heartAlaine

• Thank you Alaine…indeed my hospital bag has been in the boot of the car since before the Colonoscopy appointment…I am just such a catastrophiserWink

Thank you for your support…I will paint again, for sureSmile…sometimeSmile

IreneHibiscus

Irene

• It sure is .I was lucky that I didn't have any warning so didn't even have a hospital bag with me .Have a look on my profile You'll see my journey through thisWeary I wasn't going to let it beat me And it hasn't happened yet 

Kissing heartAlaine

• Thank you Alaine for pointing me to your Bio. I am so glad to hear your positive joyHeart eyesHeart eyes

With all good wishesHeart eyes

Irene

• Hi Irene 

I’m in the same position as you, just found out on Friday. Bit of a shock isn’t it. Like you just waiting for dates for CT scan. Good luck with your journey 

Rachel x

• Why do I need a hospital bag and what should I put in it?

• Hi RazzyD, I guess I am a bit of a catastrophizer so I always think if I go to the hospital they are immediately going to admit me.  I keep a packed bag in the boot of my car, 'just in case'.  It has my pyjamas, clean undies, bra, wash bag with deodorant, shampoo, some lipstick ;-) a comb etc.  Just as if I was going to go away for an overnight somewhere.  But that is me, I panic about everything, so always have to be prepared.  

With all good wishes on your journey

Irene

xx

Irene