Driving

Does anyone know if I will be safe to drive to the hospital 31 miles each way after Radiotherapy... I will be having Chemotherapy tablets as well. 

Thanks for your experiences in advance

Bolero

• Hi . Yes you would be fine. You may find that fatigue starts to kick in towards the end of your treatment but maybe cross that bridge if you get to it? x

• Thank you for that Karen, that's a relief. I live in the sticks and it's going to be almost impossible to get to the hospital 5 days a week for 5 weeks. 

I couldn't afford a Taxi each way for that amount of treatment. 

Feeling better now.

Thanks so much xx

• Hi, , I didn't get radiotherapy, but got a lift the first day as I didn't know what to expect. Then towards the end, the last 2 or 3 weeks, I again got a lift as the fatigue meant i was more comfy with the idea of not driving. I too am rural, about 20 miles away. Perhaps ask a neighbour for the fuel money, they might love to help.

• . My nurse told me that she knew a gentleman who cycled the 40 mile round trip and it’s not very flat in West Yorkshire! x

• Karen62

Wow. Cycling 40 Miles!
    Who was he Lance Armstrong!

The average fit human five miles tops. That’s quite mind blowing 

You do whatever makes you feel best. I know if it was me and I had an offer of someone being there I’d take it 

best wishes 

Artsie Ann 

• Wow... I wouldn't be able to cycle at all, let alone 40 miles. I have quite a lot of pain in my pelvis, so even walking is uncomfortable at times. 

I will try the driving option and see how it goes. 

Many thanks for your contributions. I really appreciate them. X

• Thanks for replying. 

Appreciate it for sure.

I will try the drive and see how I get on. 

• Than you for replying. I really appreciate it.

I'm going to try the driving option and see how it goes. 

• Hi Bolero, I think we are at the same stage..I saw the consultant today and have to start chemo and radiotherapy soon. For some reason I couldn’t read your profile though. X

• Hi Eisey,

I haven't got round to filling that out yet as it's been full on with everything since being told I have cancer. I hope to get around to it within a couple of days.

I hope you're not feeling too bad.

Bolero