Little Update

• 2 replies
  • 83 subscribers

Saw my oncologist today after a my 3 month break. The cancer has grown in all areas, but at least I don’t have any new tumours. We also looked at the problems I’ve been having with my back, but nothing is clear. She’s going to book me in for an MRI and suggest to my doctor to put me on a different drug for nerve damage. Can’t remember which she said!

She wanted me to start chemo in the next couple of weeks, but I’m going to delay until October as I’ve finally managed to get a holiday booked in September and something I’ve always wanted to do, Murder on the Orient Express, Agatha Christie eat your heart out!

She’s explained all the risks of delaying chemo, but for me the holiday and trip of a lifetime are far more important to me. Nothing is going to change the final outcome so I want to do as much as I can while I can.

Keep smiling xx

• Hi 

I hope you have a wonderful time on what sounds an amazing trip . I look forward to hearing all about it ! Quite like the sound of that myself ! 

Glad they are looking at ways to sort out the pain levels before you go so you can enjoy every minute . 

It’s her job to point out the risks so I get that part but I am sure she will be there to support you once your holiday is done .  Exciting time ahead for you !

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000